Monday, August 17, 2009

GI Cocktail

I recently went to the doctor and i was given something called a "gi cocktail" which is donnatal, mylanta and lido cane. Not only was it the nastiest thing i have ever drank, but it also numbed my tongue and throat immediately which is why they tell you no eating or drinking for two to four hours after wards, you want to take that advice too. Then the nurse comes back in like five minutes to check on me then she says that this "gi cocktail" has not taken its full effect yet, and i am already in a medicated state. I am laying here thinking .....geesh, is the full effect a coma? should we summon a priest? Do i need my mommy? .........

1 comment:

  1. I use a GI cocktail of my own that has helped me treat a peptic ulcer. I use a generic liquid antacid, lidocaine and benadryl. I take two tablespoons a 1/2 hour before meals and at bedtime. The cocktail, along with otc Prilosec and small frequent meals, I was able to do what the doctors couldn't.

    The bedtime dose will also help those who normally wake up with a sore throat from post-nasal drip.

    ReplyDelete